CM Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the new building of Medical College in Korba, Chhattisgarh in a virtual way. During this, Assembly Speaker Dr. Charan Das Mahant and Health Minister TS Singhdev were present.
- Korba Medical College to have 100 seats, building to be built at a cost of Rs 325 crore
- Chhattisgarh will get four new government medical colleges together for the first time
Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel did a ground worship of the medical college building in Korba on Tuesday. The college, to be built at a cost of about 325 crore rupees, will have 100 seats. Also, medical colleges will be opened in Kanker and Mahasamund. In addition, Chandulal Chandrakar Private Medical College has also been acquired. CM Baghel said, there is an attempt to establish a medical college in every Lok Sabha constituency and then in every district.
CM Baghel addressed the function through video conferencing from his office in the assembly. He said, Korba district has taken a new direction of development in the field of infrastructure development, tourism, education and now also in the field of medicine. It is the effort of the state government to make Korba a beautiful, healthy and educated district. Government’s efforts to open medical colleges will help in improving medical education and medical facilities in the state.
Efforts will be made to open a medical college in Janjgir also
CM Baghel said that, there is always a shortage of doctors. In order to increase the number of doctors and to make the benefit of better medical facilities available to the people of the state, it is the effort of the state government to establish a medical college in every Lok Sabha constituency. In the coming time, efforts will also be made to open a medical college at the district level. He said that the state government will make efforts to start a medical college in Janjgir also.
New building will be built behind IT college of Korba
- 25 acres of land has been given to construct the medical college building behind Jagarha IT College, Korba.
- It will cost about 325 crore rupees to build this building. In this, 60 percent of the total cost will be borne by the Center and 40 percent by the State Government.
- After the admission of the students in the medical college in the first year, the studies of anotomy, physiology, bio-chemistry will start.
- Every year, the college has set a target of 100 seats. The medical college will be started immediately by dividing the IT college into two blocks.
Korba marked expressive, we will develop
The Chief Minister said, Korba has been identified as an expressive district by the Central Government. The state government is trying to make it a developed district. CM said that in the budget of the state government’s financial year 2021-22, a provision of Rs 300 crore has been made in the budget for 3 new medical colleges Korba, Kanker and Mahasamund. Budget allocation for these medical colleges will be released in the month of April.
There are more news…