Bhagalpur: A pallet house caught fire from a stove with a fire in order to cook food at Kasamabad diara of Baikunthpur Dudhaila panchayat of Narayanpur block of the district at around 12:00 pm on Tuesday afternoon. As the wind blew, the fire took all the houses in their arms one by one and the whole village was burnt to ashes.
In this incident, more than 300 houses are said to be burnt, in which assets worth lakhs of rupees have been burnt to ashes. The flames were so strong, that the people of the village did not understand anything. People started running away only to save their lives. Bed, bed, outpost, cloth, fan, TV, food grains, gold and silver jewelery along with the necessary papers and other similar burns were destroyed in the house.
More than 12 cattle died in the incident from the fire. An hour after the incident was reported, the fire engine arrived at the scene. By then, the entire village had turned into ashes. Be it children or older, only tears were visible in everyone’s eyes.
Rajendra Mandal, Manoj Mandal, Harilal Mandal, Surya Mandal, Kailash Mandal, Diwakar Mandal, Prabhu Mandal, Shambhu Mandal, Tarun Mandal, Ravindra Mandal and other people of the village told that people of the entire village are shocked by such an accident. The entire village is burnt to ashes. People are tempted to eat. People somehow ran away after saving their lives. But all the items kept in the house were burnt to ashes.