In times of present physical busyness, often the tendency to sleep late at night and wake up late in the morning is increasing, due to which many problems arise. The social environment is affected due to imbalances in behavior.
Good sleep is essential for our physical and mental health and good awakening is essential for the development of our consciousness and success in life. It is necessary to follow the rules or else nature makes us out of life.
(A) Rules of sleep: –
1. Sleep in the first night of night.
2. Keep the head in the direction of south or east.
3. Sleep in breath, if you want to move then take right side turn. If necessary, sleep on the left side.
4. Water and grain should be discarded three to four hours before bedtime.
5. According to the scripture, one should not eat food after the evening is over.
6. Daily meditation should be done for five-ten minutes before sleeping. Yoga is better if you can sleep in sleep.
(B) Rules of Jagran: –
1. One should wake up in the Brahma Muhurta. The time about one and a half hours before sunrise is called Brahmamuhurta.
2. Much thought, imagination or thought is part of a semi-awakened state. It is against Jagran.
3. Daydreaming should not be seen. Daydreaming ends one’s perseverance.
4. Much entertainment leads to unconsciousness. Instead of wandering the mind, entertainment can also be made a meditation. This will protect Jagran.
5. Awakening is also broken by poisonous and tamasic food. This scripture is against karma.
6. Awakening is increased by staying in meditation or witnessing. The Upanishads say that witnessing is the witnessing emotion.
6 things to remember
1. When do we sleep and when do we wake up?One should sleep in the first hour of the night and wake up in Brahma Muhurta and perform Sandhyavandan. But it is not possible due to modern lifestyle, what to do then? Then you can execute the other point below. Still try to sleep early and wake up early.
2. How should we lie and in which direction should our head and feet be?We should sleep in the shavasan, it gives relief, sometimes you have to turn sideways or take the left side. Take the right turn only when it is very necessary. One should always sleep by keeping the head in the east or south direction. Sleeping by keeping the head in the east or south direction gives long life and good health.
3. Why do not keep the feet in the east direction?Do not sleep by keeping your head in the west direction, because then our feet will be towards the east which according to the scriptures is considered inappropriate and inauspicious. The energy of the sun also flows in the east and has been considered as the abode of gods and goddesses in the east.
4. Why not keep feet in south direction?From the point of view of science, there is a magnetic flux at both the poles of the earth, north and south pole. Sleeping on foot in the south causes a person’s physical energy to dissipate, and when he wakes up in the morning, he feels tired, while sleeping in the south does nothing.
5. There is positive flow towards north direction and negative flow towards south direction. Our head position is positive flow and foot position is negative flow. This is similar to a magnetizing direction that positive currents cannot meet. There is a flow of positive energy in our head while negative energy is released from the feet. If we keep our head towards north, the positive wave of the north and the positive wave of the head will run opposite to each other, which will increase the restlessness in our brain and then sleep will not be good. But just like when we go to sleep after waking up too late, even after getting up in the morning, it seems that we should sleep a little more now. Whereas if we sleep with our head facing south, then there is no movement in our brain and it helps to sleep well. Therefore, one should not sleep while keeping his head towards north.
6. Water and grain should be discarded three to four hours before bedtime. According to the scriptures, one should not eat food after the evening is over.