- The bike is available in two variants – drum and disc brake.
- It will compete with Hero’s Splendor and Passion
TVS has launched its 2021 Star City Plus motorcycle in the Indian market. Its drum brake variant is priced at Rs 65,865 while the disc brake variant is priced at Rs 68,465. In the Indian market, it will compete directly with Hero Splendor iSmart (starting price of 66,500 rupees) and Passion Pro (starting price of 67,400 rupees). (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
2021 model will get new features and cosmetic updates
- It is one of the most attractive entry-level commuter motorcycles sold to customers. It includes features such as a semi-digital instrument console, USB mobile charger and an LED headlight unit. Celebrating 15 years of presence in the Indian market, the company has given sporty body graphics to the 2021 TVS Star City Plus with a combination of red, white and black colors.
- Its fenders are of black color and heat exhaust protection is available in black exhaust. In addition to the single-piece black seat, the 2021 TVS Star City Plus comes with a black grab rail, mirrors and windscreen while reflectors can be seen on either side of the front fender.
- The rear five-step adjustable hydraulic twin rear shock absorber is painted red and features traditional telescopic front forks for suspension duty. The engine area is painted black, petal type front disc brake setup is available for safety.
No change in engine, top speed 90Kmph
Talk about performance, it gets the same 110 cc single-cylinder fuel-injected Eco Thrust engine, which works with ETFI technology. It generates a maximum power output of 8.08 bhp at 7,350 rpm and 8.7 Nm of peak torque at 4,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a four-speed transmission. The company claims that the BS6 compliant engine is 15 percent more fuel efficient and will get a speed of 90 kmph.
Black alloy wheels and tubeless tires will be available
The bike gets a length of 1,980 mm, width 750 mm, height 1,080 mm and a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. The bike gets a ground clearance of 172 mm and weighs just 116 kg. 2021 TVS Star City Plus 17-inch black alloy wheels and tubeless tires are available.
There are more news…