If you are after perfect physical, mental and spiritual harmony, you can find it in Qigong, the Chinese technique that combines very specialized physical and meditative practices. Renowned Taoist master Mantak Chia believes that regularly practicing these exercises can not only improve your physical and mental health, but can prolong an active lifestyle.
We at the Bright Side are always open to learning new things and we would like to share with you some of the most popular Qigong exercises.
- Masters believe that breathing with a special technique can improve your general well-being and prolong your life.
- Inhale slowly through your nose and hold for 1-2 seconds;
- In order to fill the lungs to full capacity, exert another small inhalation;
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and exhale through your mouth. Exhale long and slow.
- This breathing technique balances the entire body and slows down the aging process considerably.
- It is very important to warm up. This is a preparation step and you should never leave it.
- Give your body a complete rest;
- Slightly bend your knees and try to distribute weight evenly on both of your legs;
- Start swinging your arms back and forth and then armpit.
3. Strengthening the kidneys and back
- This exercise strengthens your back and also stimulates kidney function.
- Stand with your feet straight or just shoulder width apart and point your toes forward.
- Without bending your knees, bend forward and down slowly;
- Look up and try to reach the floor. If you do it right, you should feel a stretch in your waist muscles;
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds, then slowly return to the starting position;
- Repeat 6 times.
4. Stress Relieving Exercise
- This exercise relaxes the whole body.
- Stand with your feet double shoulder-width apart;
- Keeping your palms facing the chest, raise your hands to your chest;
- Fully extending one arm;
- Return your hands to your chest;
- Return to initial state;
- Repeat 6 times on each side.